Monday, November 17, 2008

#7 Holiday!

My holiday is the Anti-Valentine day. It's for all the people who like to be dark and wear the red and black clothes. I think it's wrong that we should have them suffer happiness without reciprocation. So, I'll permit them to talk about their poems, failed relationships, parents, siblings, futility of existence, and shit-music. 

Every normal person will dress up in the skeleton outfit things just to fit in and gain an appreciation (strictly in the 'experience' sense) for all the emos/scene/what have you/emotional flavor-of-the-day term. 

The colors are red and black (surprise!). To get in the Anti-Valentine sort of spirt (or lack thereof) one must think about the meaning of Valentines day and write down their thoughts. Then you must cry (tears or blood) on the paper. Then you can show the stained paper to all your friends on the Anti-Valentine day. Then you can listen to bad bands like Within Temptation, My Chemical Romance, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Escape the Fate, Senses Fail, Underoath (guilt by association). 


All non-emo music will be banned. This is to ensure the participants' safety. It's a well known fact that Lamb of God, Metallica, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Amon Amarth, Job For a Cowboy, and other metal bands will melt emo germs. 

After the poetry has been recited and the last tears shed, all -- well, most -- of us can go back to being normal and not-emo. 

This holiday has been imagined because I bear animosity towards the poorly articulated emotions, tight jeans on guys, hair straighteners, highlights, hating ones parents, and contempt for being upper-middle class. Problems are opportunities and, often times, deserved. Go fix 'em. Don't wallow in a dark room and theorize about a inherently false prognosis on the human condition. 

3 comments:

junior2010 said...

I know for sure that this is one holiday that I would not like to partake in. Sorry. For one thing, I enjoy being happy, and I'm not a big fan of red and black. This does not seem like a holiday to me. I wish, for one thing, that it was happier. I feel like this isn't really a holiday at all; it's more of an event where people sit down and cry about their life. And it spreads bad cheer, as well. Now I'm not saying that I enjoy it myself (because I don't), but some people out there do enjoy valentine's day, and the anti-valentine's day people will just ruin it for them.

Highway Star said...

Well I think you have quite an idea here. Unfortunately though, I don't much for those emo bands you suggested. They're aren't hardcore enough. I know that the only group that can put me in a dangerously suicidal mood is KC and the Sunshine Band. Depressing, blood-stained poetry? Now that's the way, u-huh, u-huh, I like it, u-huh, u-huh. But to be honest, I don't remember the last time I cried blood, but I did happen to piss blood the other day. Does that count?

Some Dude said...

Why do you hate us emos so much! Gosh! Just cuz I like to flip my hair and wear tight black jeans doesn’t mean I’m weird! In fact you’re weird! Freak! Sure I right poetry all day and cry all night but so what! My soul happens to be a dark abyss from which no light can escape! Kinda like a black hole! Except darker and blacker and then more darker and then a bit blacker and then with a hint of magenta just to tie the décor together! I would celebrate this holiday by writing poetry about how I hate my parents! I told them to get me a Ferrari for my birthday but they got me a BMW! Selfish bastards! I hope your holiday will teach all you “normals” out there what pain really is! And think on this- if life is so beautiful why do roses have thorns!