Tuesday, September 9, 2008

#1 Early the Danger Squid

To kindergartners,

Children! Against better judgement, I'm showing this squidbilly to you. His name is Early, he's a squidbilly. A long time ago, most of the Earth was an ocean. Then the ocean dried up, some animals stayed in the ocean; however, this squid didn't. When the ocean got smaller, this squid got stuck in North Georgia's Appalachian mountains. Eventually, the squid started to do bad things, like make pine cones into adult beverages. By the way, children, his hat, 'booty hunter' is about pirates, so don't pay any attention to it. This squid enjoys NASCAR, Muddin', and hunting. If you met Early, what would you ask him?

To Grandpa and Grandma

Hey, Grandparents, how about bumping up the birthday $5 to a birthday $50? Let's get with the times here. You're old, the government gives you money and you blow it on dumb things like talking fish ornaments. How about hookin' me up? All animosity aside, I think I should introduce this squid, Early. 
Early is NOT a communist. I just have to get that out of the way. Early is an upstanding citizen who enjoys fishing, hunting, the American flag, NASCAR, paying his taxes, and 'muddin' in his truck. I know you'll enjoy the harmony of the themes between both of yours' personal America.  Now, you can stop judging me, and gimme moar holiday cash and stop inviting me up to your cabin. It's gross and smells like old people -- ewww -- maybe if you cleaned your persons and your house more than "enough" (it isn't) but I digress. Still, this is a squidbilly, he has a hat. I'm you grandchild and in need of   

2 comments:

Some Dude said...

Well let me start by saying the term squidbilly is hardly politically correct. They prefer to be called super southern squids of the land variety, you racist pig! Anyway I digress your post seems overall very good. Early seems to be very all American just like me, not at all a dirty commie. I also think you reached both your audiences on a very deep level and talked to them in a way that says "Hey you! Shut up and listen to my tale of intrigue and southern squids". So your post draws me in and I like what I see but there are issues. For example your grandparents comment is unfinished! It ends right in the middle of a sentence! I mean unless this is like a super cliff hanger! Where you can’t even finish the sentence lest it ruin the whole series! If it’s not a cliffhanger then finish your thought. So overall in future just check over your posts to make sure the spelling is correct and that you actually finished them. Other than that, very well done.

This blog should be anonymous said...

The writing that you chose for your picture seemed inadiquate for a kidergartner, saying that he made pinecones into beer. Seems a little innapropriate to me. But the over all concept creates a little children story for them keeping them wondering what the heck is going on.
Although your audiences seemed put on a well thought level damanding them to drop whatever they're doing and listen to you. So when you are saying something to your audiences you get them to listen to whatever you have to say and don't even care what they think, even about the commies.